Steven R. Young, Ocularist, Inc.:
2003 – Present: Member of Board of Directors for Pacific Vision Foundation
2000 – 2005: Member of Board of Directors for Blind Babies Foundation
1996 – Present: Faculty staff member of California Pacific Medical Center’s Dept. of Ophthalmology
1992 – Present: Faculty staff member of Stanford University Medical Center, and School of Medicine, Dept. of Ophthalmology
1988 – Present: Cranio-facial panel member at Children’s Hospital in Oakland
1977 – Present: Private practice of ocular prosthetics
1975 – 1977: Employed by the Department of Ophthalmology at California Pacific Medical Center
1975: Became board certified by the National Examinng Board of Ocularists
1971 – 1975: Attended pre-med courses and completed the course in Ophthalmic Prosthetics at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, Department of Ophthalmology
• Board approved Diplomat Ocularist (BADO).
• Voting member of the American society of Ocularists, who is a graduate (diplomat) of the ASO Education Program.
• Professionally trained in the field of Ocular Prosthetics at the University of Iowa, School of Medicine, Department of Ophthalmology.
• Board certified by the National Examining Board of Ocularists and approved by the Board of Directors of the American Society of Ocularists (ASO).
• Currently on the volunteer teaching staff at Stanford Medical Center, School of Medicine, Department of Ophthalmology, Stanford, Ca, and California Pacific Medical Center, Department of Ophthalmology, San Francisco, Ca.
• Member of the cranio-facial panel at Childrens Hospital, Oakland, Ca.
•Hughes, Michael, BCO BADO, Joy, Elise M. BCO, and Young, Steven R.; A Tribute to Lee Allen: Journal of Ophthalmis Prosthetics. Vol 14, No.1, Fall 2009.
•Sami, David, M.D., Young, Steven R, BCO.; Orbital Enucleation Implants: Biomaterials and Design: Biomaterials and Regenerative Medicine in Ophthalmology. Chapter 17.
•Sami, David, M.D., Young, Steven R, BCO., Peterson, Robert, M.D.; Perspective on Orbital Enucleation Implants: Survey of Ophthalmology. May-June 2007, Vol. 52, No. 3.
•Wortham, Edwin, M.D., Choi, Rosan Y., and Young, Steven R.; Botulinum A Toxin Treatment of Deviated Orbital Implant; Journal of Pediatric Ophthalmology and Strabismus. May-June 1995, Vol. 32, No 3.
•Young, Steven R., Stewart, William B., M.D. ed; Surgery of the Eyelid, Orbit, and Lacrimal System: Ocular Prosthetics. Vol. 3, 1994.